Celebrating ....

CELEBRATING The PJ's 48th YEAR! * www.junto.blogspot.com * Dr Franklin's Diary * Contact @ PhiladelphiaJunto@ymail.com * Join us at Facebook and @philabooksarts *Meeting @ Philadelphia * Empowered by WritersClearinghouse.

Friday 22 July 2005

Terror

Philadelphia, 23 July 2005

Dear All,

I'm not surprised how Londoners have responded -- with guts and fortitude. This is the London I know. I also know that many of you have been touched by the bombings in myriad ways, and please know that I (and many others here, as well) extend best wishes to you and yours -- and respect for your continuing strength. These awful things prompt the best and worst. I only hope, dear friends, that the response of your nation does not follow the US model -- draconian (and largely ineffective) measures that simply tend to restrict civil liberties (ie. Patriot Act).

Richard

Return to Top