April is going to be fun for those who love to walk in Philly!
On Friday, April 12, 2013, Feet First Philly is kicking off the first National Walk to Work Day in Philadelphia! Pledge to walk at least 15 minutes of your commute on April 12th. Not only will you arrive at work feeling more awake and refreshed, but you will be eligible to receive special discounts on the day of the event, including 25% off of 5K Run for Clean Air registration, a 10% discount on loaves of bread from Metropolitan Bakery (19th St. and Reading Terminal Market locations), and more!
Just pledge to walk online by filling out this form, and you will receive a sticker indicating your participation in Walk to Work Day.
Follow Feet First Philly on Twitter and facebook and the #Walk2Work hashtag to receive important updates on Walk to Work Day 2013! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if your business would like to be a sponsor."
The next Feet First Philly meeting will take place on Wednesday, April 17th at the Clean Air Council office. YES! That’s right, we’ve moved the regular monthly meeting night to the third Wednesday of the month.
The agenda for the meeting in April will include:
· A recap of Walk to Work activity, start planning next year’s observance
· Report of early applications of City’s new Complete Streets Handbook
· Sidewalk cafes – Are revisions to the Code necessary?
· Walk 3K in Clean Air Council’s Annual 5K Run for Clean Air on April 20th (Folks 60 and over run or walk for free!)
· Participation in April 30th Bike – Ped Summit in Philadelphia
Lots of ways for walkers to celebrate spring this year!
Walk to Work Day, Friday, April 12th
Feet First Philly meeting on April 17th at the Clean Air Council, 135 S. 19th Street, 3rd Floor
3K Walk for Clean Air, Saturday, April 20th
Philadelphia Bike – Ped Summit, April 30th
-- Dennis R Winters