Celebrating ....

CELEBRATING The PJ's 48th YEAR! * www.junto.blogspot.com * Dr Franklin's Diary * Contact @ PhiladelphiaJunto@ymail.com * Join us at Facebook and @philabooksarts *Meeting @ Philadelphia * Empowered by WritersClearinghouse.

Monday 29 October 2007

The Other Editor

Re 'The real Edith Piaf and La Vie en Rose,' by Dan Rottenberg (Editor's Notebook)

I disagree completely with the director and screenwriter's failure to include the 1940-1944 period of Piaf's life. I remember after World War II that Maurice Chevalier was accused by some of collaborating with the Nazis.
Richard Chaitt
Havertown, Pa.
August 1, 2007

Actually, I think the lack of mention of Piaf during the war was a major flaw in the film. I'm puzzled why the director simply omitted this. My initial reaction, like many, I suppose, that he wanted to "sanitize" that period of her life. More likely the film was already too long. Bad editing is the only explanation I can think of.
Richard Carreño
Center City
August 1, 2007