Celebrating ....

CELEBRATING The PJ's 48th YEAR! * www.junto.blogspot.com * Dr Franklin's Diary * Contact @ PhiladelphiaJunto@ymail.com * Join us at Facebook and @philabooksarts *Meeting @ Philadelphia * Empowered by WritersClearinghouse.

Sunday 7 December 2008

Paul Benedict: R.I.P.

Tonsorial Matters
Paul Benedict (September 17, 1938December 1, 2008) was an American character actor who made numerous appearances in television and movies beginning in the 1960s. He is probably best recognized for his roles as The Number Painter on the PBS children's show Sesame Street, and as the quirky English neighbor "Harry Bentley" on the CBS sitcom The Jeffersons.
On June 3, 1994, I was getting a haircut at a hair stylist on Brattle Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts, when I turned to my left, and there was Benedict. I snapped his pic. I didn't know it at the time, but he was a Beantowner. I was an adjunct at the Harvard Extension School -- reason I was in Cambridge that day.
-- RDC